Sunday, March 7, 2010

Donna Didn't Hold Back







You know how you go out and exercise around your family's schedule, do extra now so you can swim later on........always thinking of others and your next time commitment? Well, on Wednesday, I took a day for myself as I was invited to Waterville to ski. The day was full of promise: adventure.....good skiing.....getting to know a new friend over hot chocolate..........no time commitments. Well, I channeled my inner Lindsey Vonn a little too much, got going too fast, tried to slow down and directed my skis into the mountain - cutting uphill. They responded by going left on my command, but my body went right. That's a problem. Hence, I found myself getting a ride in the toboggan that I had feared for my 45 years of skiing. Interestingly, I suffered no pain (although I broke a wrist and tore a knee ligament) and was able to enjoy the view of the sky from the toboggan. I'm learning to live in the moment, but will not get all Eckert Tolle on you....Instead, I wanted to share some "before and after" pix with you as Patty and I still had our adventure - we still had 4 good runs of skiing, and STILL got to know each other over tea!
And for me, that's what our triathlon adventure is - the JOURNEY we share together in crossing the finish line. So, I still will be blogging and cheering all of us on....and participating as I'm able, but may need your help a little. (Can you send me pix of group workouts? ..even individual workouts.....they really work in inspiring someone else!)
So, keep up what you've been doing and plan on meeting as a group on:
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 8 p.m. lap swim in Franklin Y or 7:30 p.m. Masters swim in North Attleboro Y
Saturday, March 13, 2010 7 a.m. spin class in Franklin Y or 7 a.m. treadmill at Y






2 comments:

  1. Boy o boy! Get better soon! I will get photos as I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx lesa - i will still do a new post today - maybe w/a google triathlon stock picture...heard you were swimming on wednesday. d

    ReplyDelete