Thursday, April 1, 2010

Outdoor Biking Planned for Saturday, April 3, 2010 @ 7 a.m.!






Given the great weather forecast, Gary and Michelle are heading out for a 10 mile bike ride on Saturday morning, April 3rd at 7 a.m. Meet at the Horace Mann Middle School parking lot - in front of the FHS track.

We've found that this time of day is safer - with less cars on the road, and allows for you to have your full Saturday ahead of you when done!

If you're not quite up to the 10 mile trek yet, you can break into two groups and the slower group can stay together. If you don't know the route, then bike around the common a few times and stay on roads that you know. You all know my goal: Safety first, then getting beginners out there.....my first ride of the season is usually around 6-8 miles....to break my butt in, and to let my thighs get used to pedaling again. So, since I won't be there to hang back with the first-time-this-season-riders...please know that Gary and Michelle will plan to go at their usual clip and I'm sure a new leader will emerge from the 2nd group. Get out there and HAVE FUN!!!

Donna

2 comments:

  1. Hi all,
    I am running this Sat and will join along in the up and coming Sat's. Would anyone be up for an earlier start time in the future (6-630?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesa: I haven't heard anyone else suggest that yet - would you suggest two groups - one early and one later? Donna

    ReplyDelete