Friday, April 16, 2010

SheROX Registration is Well Underway!

Here's Lesa and I at swim on Wednesday, April 14th.  (I'm only able to stretch in the jacuzzi, but I'll get there!)

Last night was the kick-off mentor meeting held by the head mentor for SheROX New England, Elaine Vescio.  We discussed the best ways to help our mentees have a good triathlon experience as many are first-time triathletes.  So, I'm here to provide motivation and advice - not specific coaching.  For training plans and coaching, please check out Elaine's website (link on the left).

We all agreed that the swim portion or the "Open Water Swims" are a common concern.  Please know that I'll be posting (via this blog) group swims for Lake Winthrop in Holliston, Lake Pearl in Wrentham and Walden Pond in Concord.  They will start in May, so for now, get in the pool and do some laps!  We figured that 34 lengths of a 25 yard pool is .5 miles.....so do what you can - it takes time to build up the distance.

Most of you have registered already, but the link for registration is also on the left-hand side of this blog.  (Pass the link along to friends and family who may be interested)  BTW - Your timing chip will be in your registration packet.

Welcome again to the additional 10 mentees - this forum is the most efficient way to communicate with all of you, so be sure to save it in your "favorites" to check back once a week.

Caryn is looking for someone to bike with during the day....contact me if interested.

See you Saturday, April 17th at 7 a.m. at the Horace Mann Parking Lot for a 10-mile bike ride (if not raining - I am not able to bike yet) and then at 9 a.m. at Panera Bread in Franklin for coffee/tea....Rain or Shine - Everyone welcomed!

Happy Training.........Donna

5 comments:

  1. if it is not too cold & not raining I will be there. I hope to make a bike and run of it! Email me if you will be there for 7am. LSUEBAKER@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-- Donna thank you for including the new mentees to this blog! Believe it or not, I haven't ever blogged before, so be patient with me :)
    I am very excited to join you gals on some of the bike rides on Saturday mornings!
    I saw here that Caryn is doing the Sudbury Sprint and wanted to let you know that I am also signed up for this one. This was my first ever tri last year, so if there are questions about this one (the swim in the pool is interesting), just let me know and I'll try to answer any questions.
    I am assuming there will not be a group ride tomorrow??? I am going to try to make it to Panera to meet some of you tomorrow. Looking forward to having you all keep me motivated through my training as I have been lacking in this area lately.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. No bike for me on Sat. I hope to make it to the Y to run indoors before Panera...Good night and see all at Panera :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesa and Lynn: I was gonna swing by the High School to see if anyone was there...and then head to the Franklin Y to stretch/exercise. It's yucky out -not a good first biking experience. See you at Panera! Lynn - you are an expert blogger now - looks like you're doing it right! D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesa: A couple of the new mentees would like to join us for Wednesday night, April 21st for the 8 p.m. lap swim. Do you know if it will be difficult to get a pass for them or will there be a $10 guest fee? Thanks, Dona

    ReplyDelete