Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Group Swim Tonight! Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I have so much to share with you and am feeling a "little behind the 8-ball" 'cause I'm back at work, but here goes:  I went to Elaine Vescio's seminar earlier this week and she discussed getting ready for a triathlon.  She is really inspiring as she does this for a living, is a competitive athlete herself, and has an unbelievable way of talking to first-timers!  So, I encourage you to check out her webpage (Vescio Multisports on the left of this blog) that has the full presentation, and an opportunity to sign up for her webinar tomorrow night, May 13, 2010.

Here's a little overview of her goal-setting instructions:

What?  Write down your goals: I will be able to swim 34 pool lengths (17 laps) by July 17, 2010 (one week prior to race day)

Why?   This helps to review when you lose focus:  Because it will mean I will be a confident swimmer on raceday.
What might limit me?  I don't have a babysitter or motivation for a group swim

How? 
  • I will assess where I'm at today and work toward being able to swim 17 lengths (8 laps) by June 16th - 1/2 way point of the 10 remaining weeks to train.
  • I will arrange my schedule/work a plan to overcome the babysitting obstacle.
  • I will swim with other women to keep motivated and ask for help


Laura and Donna at Y Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hope to see lots of you tonight at 8:30 p.m. at the Franklin YMCA for group swim.  For those of you interested in going through a sample workout (breaking up the monotony) I'll have a plan with me and lead you through it.  For anyone who needs a guest pass - please email me so I will meet you in the lobby.  I'll be in the jacuzzi early!

P.S.  I've figured out a way to let you know about events and when they are happening...  I'll put a date mentioned in the post in the field called "label" and all you have to do is click on the label section to the left and you will be sent to the details of that date.  (Apparently I can't think beyond May 13th yet, but will get there!)  Be sure to check out the calendar of events (link on the left) in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment