Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What a GORGEOUS Weekend!

Gary and I were the only early birds at FHS on Saturday, May 1st - I'm sure everyone got training in elsewhere, as the weather was fantastic!  Here we are at 7 a.m. 

Group swimming is on for Wednesday, May 5th at 8:30 p.m. at the Franklin YMCA (email me if you want to join in and are a non-member)


Brick workout is on for Saturday, May 8th, from the Horace Mann Middle School.  (Bike ride starts at 7 a.m. and we'll return to the FHS track at about 8 or 8:15 a.m.)

I plan to support Lynn P, Diane and Caryn at the May 9th Sudbury Sprint Triathlon.  (Let me know if anyone wants to carpool with me - to cheer them on, watch transitions, etc.)

Since I can't ride yet, and wanted to enjoy the good weather, I took a drive to Columbus Park in Boston as Urban Aventours was part of a "Bike Month Kick-off Event".  I wanted to learn a little more about their tours, and location as I'm very intrigued by their daily tours and in particular, the "Boston by Night" tour that starts at 6 p.m.  I think that would be a FANTASTIC way to unwind after a busy work day.  I was most struck by the friendliness of all the employees there, and even met the owner, Andrew.  Here are some pix from my visit, and I encourage you to check out their website (upper left of this blog) if you're interested in a recreational tour of Boston, renting a bike for the triathlon, etc.


Urban Aventours - 103 Atlantic Avenue in Boston (Across the Park from the Marriott Longwharf)

No comments:

Post a Comment